A team of book nerds hits the subways, streets, parks & bars to find out what New Yorkers are reading now.
Caution: When Reading in Public
- 1: You forget you're in public.
- 2: You cuss because the characters are pissing you off.
- 3: You cry because the book just broke you.
- 4: You make strange noises--causing those around you to question your sanity.
- 5: You laugh because of how cute (or funny) the book is getting.
- 6: You blush like a fiend when reading something you know others might not find appropriate for a public space--you're such a daredevil.
- 7: You look over your book to sneak a peek at what others are reading.
- 8: You feel amazing because you're reading while everyone else is probably bored.
- 9: You roll your eyes at the person beside you because s/he is so loud. (S/he is probably on the phone.)
- 10: You look up at the people around you when you reach a good part because you know they're not experiencing what you are.
- 11: You smile like a maniac when the main characters FINALLY get together.
- 12: A random person may ask you if you're okay once they notice how strange you're acting.
- 13: You curse the author's name aloud. Loudly.
- 14: You say, "Stupid (insert character name), why would you do that?!"
- 15: You close the book for a moment, breathe in heavily, and refuse to read the book for the next five minutes. All because you're pissed off with the story.
- Have any more? Feel free to add!